The standard Enigmail package contains many languages and can be used with no further requirements in localized versions of Thunderbird and Seamonkey.
If your language is not included in Enigmail, then please consider to contribute by translating Enigmail yourself! In this case, please follow the instructions provided below.
How to Translate Enigmail to a new language
Enigmail is translated on Transifex. This is an online translation platform, where Enigmail is hosted. To translate Enigmail:
- Visit https://www.transifex.com/otf/enigmail-localization/
- Click the button Help Translate "Enigmail Localization"
- Signup a new account or login with your credentials. Proceed with entering your data.
- Pick "Join an existing Project", then choose your language
- Search for Enigmail and pick "Enigmail Localization"
- Click on the Join Team button in the upper right corner to add yourself to the translators, then select the language you want to translate.
- Click on the language name and start translating the files. The most important files to translate are enigmail.dtd and enigmail.properties.
- Once you'll have completed your translation, the status for all files should be 100%. We will pick up new versions whenever we create a new release of Enigmail.
Don't hesitate to contact us either via the mailing list or by sending us a message with using our Translation Forum if anything is unclear.