The standard Enigmail package contains many languages and can be used with no further requirements in localized versions of Thunderbird and Seamonkey.
If your language is not included in Enigmail, then please consider to contribute by translating Enigmail yourself! In this case, please follow the instructions provided below.
How to Translate Enigmail to a new language
Enigmail is translated on Babelzilla Beta. This is an online translation platform, where Enigmail is hosted. To translate Enigmail:
- Create an account at Babelzilla Beta, and log into your account
- visit the Enigmail translation home page on Babelzilla Beta
- Add yourself to the translation maintainers by clicking on "+ Request Language". We will try to respond as quickly as we can, such that you can start translation soon.
- Click on the language name and start translating the files. The most important files to translate are enigmail.dtd and enigmail.properties.
- Once you'll have completed your translation, the status for all files should be 100%. We will pick up new versions whenever we create a new release of Enigmail.
Don't hesitate to contact us either via the mailing list or by sending us a message with using our Translation Forum if anything is unclear.