We are happy to announce Enigmail v2.1! New features in the release:
- A new simplified setup wizard will first try to find out if you already used encrypted emails before, and then proceed in the most suitable way.
- On Windows and macOS, there is an automatic check for updates to GnuPG.
- Autocrypt: implemented key-gossip and updates to known keys
- If GnuPG 2.1 or newer are used, then key creation will default to ECC keys
- Interaction with keyservers has been rewritten from scratch, using Thunderbird-internal functions to access the keyservers.
- Full support for keys.openpgp.org, which is used as default keyserver.